Monday, August 17, 2009

Back to Reality SUCKS

So. I’m back from vacation. Being back from vacation would suck regardless, but making it even better, I came home to:

1) A house I didn’t have time to clean before we left

2) Oppressive heat and humidity without the benefits of the pool and beach (with no A/C, of course)

3) My laptop completely infected with some malicious shit that I can’t seem to get rid of without professional help

4) Mr b showing up at work this morning to find his shit all packed up in boxes – his job eliminated.


So happy fucking day to me.


I did actually clean the house – it was the one thing I could actually do something about. Of course hours later, mr b dragged in all the bags from the car and dumped them all over the living room.

The heat, obviously, I can’t do a damned thing about except bitch and moan and that doesn’t seem to be helping a bit, dammit.

The computer? Fucked. I have some ideas about what to do, but the computer is too fucked to do them – I can’t run anything or download anything. Fucked but good. I left it here for my aunt to use while I was on vacation, and she gets a little…um…click-happy.

The job loss? Sucks balls. Even though he worked for a sleazy, asshole-laden, stuffy, dickhead, fuckball of a company. It was still better than being a 50 year old, physically limited due to injury, family man competing with 20-something who can work late and long and for little.

But aside from all that, vacation was pretty good. Despite the family skirmishes, the dumbasses, the political nonsense, the LOUD TV, the door Nazi, the food Nazi, the sunburn, the cold sore, the peeling scalp which looks like major dandruff, the defective rocking chair that almost killed me, and the 2 days of rain.

Because there was also lots of drinks, games, 10,000 renditions of the Winky Winky song, a beautiful beach, a nice pool, lots of photos, and an all-you-can-eat meat restaurant. Who could ask for more?

Except maybe the Powerball.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

Amy said...

That sucks BALLS.

Bethtastic said...

Well. Damn. That makes coming back from a vacation crappy.

I'm sorry. About all of it.

Unknown said...

Ouch! At least the overall vacation was nice. I still can't believe that you vacation with THAT many people That is awesome.
Sorry about your reality check. Time to make lemonade, eh?

Magpie said...

Damn. Sorry about all of that reality.

Burgh Baby said...

I'm sorry about all the suck. Hopefully all that suck happening at once means there won't be any more suck for a long, long time.

meno said...

Wow, maybe this is a sign that you should have stayed on vacation forever.

Anyway, i'm sorry.

Michelle said...

Oh that does not sound like a fun way to end a vacation. Boo!

Fingers crossed you find some fixes to all of those soon.

At least I started out entertained when I read that your house didn't have time to clean itself. If only....

Gwen said...

I'm so sorry about your husband's job. That really sucks. I hate coming home from vacation and having reality slap me right across the face. I always hire my mom to clean my house when I'm away - that's one piece of reality I can't deal with when i just get home from a relaxing week.

aryL.. said...

halOo...fuck suck..opPs sOry..