Friday, June 17, 2011

I Smell the Sea!

Since the kids and I are heading out in a few minutes to drive to the beach, I thought I'd share a conversation from a few years back when the kids, my dad and I were making the same trip:

The Boy (In Berkeley Springs, West Virginia): I smell the sea!

Me: Dude – we’re almost 300 miles from the sea, you don’t smell the sea.

The Boy: Yes I do! I smell the sea salt.

Me: No.

The Boy (In Winchester, Virginia): I smell the sea!

My Dad: No you don’t – we’re still 200 miles from the sea.

The Boy: Yes I do!

My Dad: No.

The Boy (In Fredericksburg, Virginia): I smell the sea!

Me: OMG – 100 miles from the sea! You do NOT smell the sea!

The Boy: Yes I do!

Me and My Dad: No – you don’t.

The Boy: Yes I do! I smell it. I know what the sea smells like and that is the smell of the sea.

Me and My Dad: No.

The Boy (coming out of the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel): What’s that smell?

Me and My Dad: THE SEA!!!!!!!!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

BWAHAHAHAAH! This made me laugh out loud! Thanks for that!!

Magpie said...

Awesome. Thanks for making me chuckle this morning.

Unknown said...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Too funny!

Amy said...

This still cracks me up because it's so true! Have fun! Hopefully there will be no foot-burning this year or other trips to the hospital this year!

Logical Libby said...

Love it. Perfect.

tehamy said...

LOL! Hope you are having a great time!