Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Amused

Every time I feel like I am back on the regular blogging wagon, something distracts me and I'm all "what blog?" It's not that I don't have anything to say - everyone who knows me can vouch for the fact that I always have something to say. I just get to where I have 3 or 4 blog posts in my head and then they get all jumbled and then suddenly, what I thought was funny or interesting sounds stupid and then I don't write anything at all. Not that I'm crazy or anything.

Let's see - what is up with me these days?

Oooh - I know! The girl and I joined some friends for a day at an indoor amusement park. Not an amusement park, exactly, but traveling fair of sorts, that set up shop in Cleveland's convention center. The day started with us meeting up at Michelle's house and that's when the noise started. We walked in the door and spent the next 13 hours listening to this AT FULL VOLUME: CHATTER CHATTER BLAH BLAH SQUEEEE! YAY! WOO! AAAAAAAAAA!!! CHATTER SQUEAL SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM BLAH BLAH CHATTER CHATTER CHATTER.

So, no peaceful napping in the car.

Before we went, I expected it to be mostly kiddie rides, but I was pleasantly surprised to see lots of thrill rides, too. Of course, the girl isn't big on thrill rides, so I had my work cut out for me. Bribery was involved. I know - bribery is wrong, but I don't care. It got her on a roller coaster, and she LIKED IT. Liked it so much, in fact, that she and Alexis dragged us back on it approximately 2,346 times. And every time, Michelle and I were convinced that this was the time that the safety measures would fail and we go plunging to our deaths. In Cleveland. But luckily it didn't and we came away unscathed. Well, except for our eardrumns. In addition to the aforementioned chatter, the noise in the convention center was sort of a dull roar - not painful, just a continuous drone that blocks out most voices, so all day, you and everyone around you are screaming at each other. Pretty much like being home when my husband has control of the remote.

All in all it was a fun day. The game people weren't too annoying, so we only dropped about 17 thousand at the booths, vs the 25 we would have at the county fair (and the employees had WAY more teeth). The funhouses were an extra charge of a dollar, which was total bullshit, given that they weren't funhouses, but more NotParticularlyFunTinySpacesBehindAFacade. Actually, I take that back. There was one that was all black light, 3D which was fun. Especially the part where I INSISTED that the room was moving and Michelle didn't believe me. Because she knows nothing about movement. Or science. Or the universe. IT WAS MOVING.

And then there was the one that we let the girls go in by themselves, which was a mirror maze. We watched them from the outside as they walked directly into walls and windows (seriously - we heard the loud BONKs from outside. And we laughed like the terrible, cruel mothers that we are. And then we failed miserably as we missed out on the best photo op of the day, when both girls came out all smiling and giggly, with matching BONKmarks on their heads. I don't know why we didn't take photos. I think we were thinking about french fries or something.

All in all it was a good day. I think we only had tears once - after we convinced the girls that the free-fall ride was fun (it was) (they disagreed). And the girls were well behaved (at least as far as we could hear in that place). There were very few lines, so we walked on most everything. No one puked (though we came close after a couple spinny rides). And then on the way home, we almost ran out of gas on a dark, scary road. Good times.

They love each other:

















These guys were apparently ecstatic to have beaten two tiny girls in a slide race:

























There was a petting zoo and it had a mini horse. And that mini horse had a MINI MINI HORSE!


















We payed a dollar for this shit:


























Swings!









































Crazy circus guy:

























All around fun:


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: