Monday, May 12, 2008

If I See Your Grandparents There, I'll Be Sure to Say Hello.

Conversation in my house, while watching Neil Diamond story on CBS Sunday morning:


Gina: “You know, Neil Diamond is coming to Pittsburgh.”

Mr b: “Hmm”

Gina: “I wouldn’t mind seeing him.”

Mr b: “Hmm”

Gina: “I’m serious.”

Mr b: “Really?”

Gina: “Yeah. I mean – it’s Neil Diamond

Mr b: “. . . . . . . . . . . ”

Gina: “Come on! You know it would be fun.”

Mr b: “. . . . . . . . . . . ”

Gina: “You’d know the words to all the songs.”

Mr b: “. . . . . . . . . . . ”

Gina: “Except for the new stuff, but I could buy the cd.”

Mr b: “. . . . . . . . . . . ”

Gina: “Dude! It’s Neil Freaking Diamond!”

Mr b: “. . . . . . . . . . . ”

Gina: “Baby loves me, yes, yes she does. Ah, the girl's outta sight, yeah. . .”

Mr b: “. . . . . . . . . . . ”

Gina: “Hey! She got the way to move me, Cherry. She got the way to groove me, Cherry, baby”

Mr b: “. . . . . . . . . . . ”

Gina: “Well, I'm New York City born and raised. . .”

Mr b: “. . . . . . . . . . . ”

Gina: “Kentucky woman, she shines with her own kind of light…”

Mr b: “. . . . . . . . . . . ”

Gina: “Hands, touching hands. . .”

Mr b: “Seriously. Last week you were talking about Dead shows and now Neil Diamond?”

Gina” “. . .reaching out, touching me. . .”

Mr b: “Do you know hoe old you are. . .”

Gina: “. . .touching YOUUUUUUUUUU. . .”

Mr b: “If you are talking about going to a Neil Diamond concert?”

Gina: “Sweet Caroline. . .”

Mr b: “You’re serious.”

Gina: “BUH, BUH, BUUUUH!!”

Mr b: “Oh my God”

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

The Notorious N.A.T said...

My asshat of an ex-husband used to always sing Neil Diamond songs at weddings, karaoke, whatever. It's kind of tainted me on old Neil, which is sad because there is NOTHING better than some Sweet Caroline, buh buh buhhhhhhh!

NB-C said...

Sweet Caroline at a Red Sox game! Oh how I wish I was at Fenway now...drinking...heavily. Tina Turner is hitting the road again. I would LOVE to see her again.